Beginning January 1, 2013

Stop by the new site and take a look around.

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

The Fury by LJ Smith



The Vampire Diaries: The Fury by L.J. Smith
Publisher: Harper Teen
Genre: Action/Adventure, Contemporary, Paranormal, Sci-Fi/Fantasy, Suspense/Mystery
Age Recommendation: 12+
Length: Full Length (245 pgs)
Rating: 4 suns
Review by Tiger Lily

Elena: with Damon at her side, and wild with her craving for blood, the changed Elena struggles to control her desires.

Damon: his hunger for the golden girl wars with his hunger for revenge against Stefan.

Stefan: tormented after losing Elena, he will do anything to get her back. Even if it means becoming what he once despised. . . .

Getting what they want may come at a deadly cost.

What happens when a love triangle turns deadly? You have the start of a new love story.

That’s why I had to read the next installment of the Vampire Diaries: The Fury.

I love a story where there’s a scorned person, a person reborn, and a love strengthened. This book has all three. Those who see the television show won’t totally recognize the way the central characters are presented. I think this is one example of a book that better shows the characters. There is a depth in Elena and Stefan that wasn’t in the earlier books.

The more I read this novel, the more I liked Stefan. He’s in a tight place. He wants to undo his brother’s deeds while still showing Elena the depth of his devotion to her. Although he’s part of the undead, he’s still a worthy hero. Plus, he’s darn cute, too.

The thing that threw me about this story that wasn’t as prevalent in the earlier novels, is the scene jumping. As I read, I was smack in the middle of one scene and then, wham! I’m thrust into another one without any real conclusion. If read as a whole, then things make sense, but if the reader is like me, and has to put it down halfway through, it can be a bit confusing.

If you want a read that is fulfilling and has bite, then you need to read The Vampire Diaries: The Fury. I give this story 4 suns.

No comments: